
If for whatever reason. anyone is interested in saving the database, now's the time.
Altec | Gearogs Database
Sonic Barbarian

Looks like there is an August 5 snapshot at archive.org
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
I had the link saved, but don't recall anything about it except listed it as A7-8G: 404 Not Found
Not found on the wayback/archive site just now either, so apparently did a complete wipe out.
GM
edit: Found out the last 'dump' was to the archive, just haven't been able to figure out how to search for it as there's multiple links to it, though none work.![]()
Last edited by GM; September 2nd, 2020 at 03:37 PM.
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

It is indeed on the Wayback Machine, but direct links do not seem to work.
Go to archive.org and enter https://gear.discogs.com/browse/gear
Not at the top, in the middle and select archived web pagesThere is an Aug 5 snapshot
Trying a link but did not work last time
Browsing turntables, speakers, synthesizers, and more music & audio gear | Gearogs Database
- - - Updated - - -
Link working for me.
Brands at bottom left, scroll down and click "Altec"
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Ah! Overlapping posts!
Your link doesn't work for me, all three dates draw a blank; the closest I've come is the 429 pages of it that I can't seem to search plus these descriptions are just one of three for the A7 I've found [so far]. Found some vintage Bozak though.
In retrospect, I think it's the A7-8G owner's manual.
GM
edit: Tried it in a new Window and it works for whatever reason, thanks!
More n' more, seems like 'google' is acting like it's a female!
Last edited by GM; September 2nd, 2020 at 03:56 PM.
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

What browser are you using? Worked 4 times in a row for me with Firefox.
Did you go to the brands bottom left and click Altec or you just can't get there?
Very odd though- only see first page. Won't go to second page of Altec.
Last edited by Old Guy; September 2nd, 2020 at 03:57 PM.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Chrome......... it does go to other pages, but takes awhile to load. Think this is partially why I thought I couldn't access what I needed to search, with the other reason being it now keeps asking me to approve cookies before 'hooking me [slowly] up'.
Covid infected?
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks